It’s been about two years since I touched the TurboCPU code. Sales have been excellent and the project has been very well received. I did get two bug reports and I am acting on those at the moment. I should have v1.20 ready before NAMM 2014 as I need to bench space back before then!
Here is what I have fixed so far:
- The envelope was not retriggering when you lifted one of two keys held down when RETRIG switch up. I fixed this so that the TurbopCPU behaves like the original in this regard.
- Downloading SEQ2 over MIDI would mess up SEQ1. This has also been fixed.
I will look at a few more things before I button this release up and post it on the web.
In other news, I thought I should release the Windows “editor” software I use for testing and working with the TurboCPU+MIDI. It allows one to change any setting instead of having to use the power-on keyboard method, so much nicer in that regard. It also allows you to manage sequences over Sys Ex. I’m going to try and add firmware updating to it before I post it. The CV/DAC part isn’t finished yet but I will add that as time permits. Here’s a look at what I have so far. Email me if you want to try it.
Until I’ve finished this update, I will sell the TurboCPU+MIDI but not the TurboCPU. That way it ensures me that if someone buys it before the update they are able to do the update (and are responsible for same).