Today I did some further experiments on the next little improvement to the MTG Turbo CPU for the Sequential Circuits Pro One: MIDI-to-CV. I’ve acquired a quad DAC (D/A or digital-to-analog converter) board that can be very easily hooked up to the CPU module in order to control a few more parameters in the Pro One.
For now I’ve tested controlling three parameters of the Pro One:
- Pitch (Osc 1 and/or Osc 2)
- Filter cutoff freq
- Filter resonance
- VCA ADSR/volume (I haven’t played around with this yet).
Therefore, taking input from MIDI or from within the CPU itself, here are some possible sources of data to control those parameters:
- MIDI Pitch Bend, Mod Wheel, Aftertouch, Velocity
- Other MIDI continuous controller(s)
- The internal sequencer data
- A soft-LFO that features a variety of waveforms including sample and hold (S&H)
- MIDI Clock/Sync??
Now coming up with a nice clean way for the end user to control it all — that will be a challenge.
Any other ideas or comments?